Wednesday 6 February 2013

Full circle


Last year I made this circle skirt as a wee project one weekend I came home from uni. In reality it took about an hour, not the whole weekend. I honestly believe I could no longer live without it. Its fabulous in all situations and seems to create a punk vibe in a girly way? Surely the idea would be to pick one or the other right? NO. Its far more versatile this way you see. Hence the above outfit being my uniform when it comes to the "I have nothing to wear" days.



I used bias binding instead of facing the waistband and hemming the bottom because...
1. Its the easy option
2. It adds colour and pattern
3. Have you ever tried hemming against the grain? It does not end well





I scored this bag for $2 a couple of years ago. I was quite impressed with my bargain hunting skills



2 comments:

  1. This is so cute I love the little pops of color in the skirt :)
    I've been thinking diying a circle skirt recently! Which pattern did you use?
    love your blog you have the best outfits <333
    xxx
    Mandy from stickersandskirts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there :) I used the instructions from Geneva over at a 'pair and a spare' http://apairandasparediy.com/2012/07/diy-circle-skirt.html
      Thank you for your lovely comment :)x
      Jenna

      Delete